Since we are traveling to San Antonio in Thanksgiving Day, we decided to have our meal a day early.
This year is a little different than past Thanksgivings – 1. I have two kids, including a baby 2. My kitchen is much smaller. With these things in mind, I tried to streamline our dinner as much as possible.
- Turkey: found a 3lb Butterball, pre-seasoned and only takes three hours to cook!
- Potatoes: found some wonderful instant mash potatoes. Not as good as fresh, but fast and easy to make and still taste.
- Cranberry sauce: canned, of course!
- Vegetable: Freah Asparagus
- Bread: premade from the bakery
In total, I spent about an hour making dinner and the result was an delicious dinner.
With the extra time, I was able to spend time doing arts and crafts with the kids. Nothing amazing was made but we had fun and mini-man discovered an affinity for glitter.
Lesson learned: work smarter, not harder.